I have been meaning to post about the freezer meals that I made for the first few days of Fox's life for weeks... But life happens, and posting these recipes didn't. So now, Fox is almost 4 months old, and lucky you get to read about freezer meals that we ate in January.
I quit my job right before Christmas and ended up with a few weeks before Fox was born (because he was late), so I made a few freezer meals, terrified that I would never sleep again and be a complete zombie for the first 6 months of his life. I am happy to report that didn't happen, but you never know. Now, I know not everyone is on board with freezer meals, and typically, I am not a huge fan, primarily because our freezer doesn't regulate it's temperature very well, and we often end up with freezer-burned food.
These recipes were delicious, and I really enjoyed not having to do more than throw a meal in the crockpot most nights for the first few days of Fox's life. Some of them do require a little more preparation, but overall, they are quick, easy, and delicious. Also, I didn't take photos of any of them, so I painted you this lovely illustration to get you really excited about making freezer meals. You can thank me later.
1. Orange Crockpot Chicken - Served over rice with steamed veggies on the side. This one surprised me with how much Adam and I liked it. I thought it would be good, but it was great.
2. Beef Dip Sandwiches - Served on sliced French bread with a salad and fruit on the side. I will always love a good beef dip sandwich.
3. Beef Teriyaki Stir Fry - used the left over beef from the beef dip sandwiches and added it to the veggies. Served it over rice. This was one of my favorites.
4. Tortellini with Alfredo Sauce - I bought a big package of frozen tortellini from Sam's club, and then made a quick and easy Alfredo sauce. You could definitely use a canned sauce as well. I like to use this recipe and leave out the sundried tomatoes. We eat salad and fruit with everything.
5. Tortellini Soup - I am not totally sure which recipe I used, but I think it was this one. I didn't include sausage, because I almost never buy sausage. This recipe I didn't make ahead, but it was quick and easy, and I already had frozen tortellini, so I am going to count it. Quite tasty. Serve with bread and a salad.
6. Pot Stickers - These are awesome. I love having these in the freezer. I just made the dipping sauce the night of, and cooked them in a little oil in a frying pan. So quick and easy.
7. Pizza - I love having a few frozen pizza doughs in the freezer. I just form them into balls and freeze them for up to 8 weeks. Makes for a 25 minute meal. Just add some sauce (I often blend a can of diced tomatoes and add herbs), meat/veggies, and cheese and insta-pizza. I love it! Serve with fruit.
8. Black Bean Soup - Awesome to freeze, and SO tasty. Serve with tortilla chips.
9. Sundried Tomato Soup - another favorite soup around here. Serve with toasted garlic bread.
10. Cilantro chicken tacos - SO delicious! Adam especially was a huge fan, and he doesn't really like cilantro (crazy, I know). Crockpot for a few hours, shred the chicken and then plop into a tortilla and pour ranch over the top. Serve with fruit.