A few weeks ago, I posted about our favorite dinner recipes. In addition to cooking dinner almost every night, I also make a few desserts a week. I have a terrible sweet tooth and love making and eating dessert. Thankfully Adam also loves dessert and he is steady and supportive of my dessert-making habits.
Speaking of sweet teeth, one time, when I was a little kid, we were visiting my grandparents. My Grannie had made a delicious dessert and remarked that she serves dessert every night because of my Grandad's sweet tooth. In my innocence, I turned to my Grandad and asked which tooth was his sweet tooth. I think he pointed out one of his canines and said, "This is my sweet tooth, right here, Landen." I can't tell you which of my teeth is the culprit, but I definitely have inherited my Grandad's sweet tooth.
If you are also a possessor of a sweet tooth, look no further! One of these tasty treats is sure to satisfy, particularly as we enter the time of year where goodies and sweets are everywhere! Cook up some tasty homemade treats for your family this fall! Trust me, they will taste better than a Snicker's bar.
top: Brownies, bottom left: Nutella Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies; bottom right: Vanilla Ice Cream
1. Brownies - We have been making these for years. They are gooey, fudgy and incredibly delicious! They are best eaten straight from the pan. No cutting required.
2. Chocolate Chip Cookies - I love a good chocolate chip cookie. These are fantastic! When Janssen lived around the corner, she would make these when we came over in the evenings a few times a week... Sadly she lives 14 hours away, or I would invite her over tonight to eat some... Dessert is always better when you share it with friends.
3. Whole Wheat Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies - If you are looking for a slightly healthier cookie option, these are delicious and definitely worth eating!
4. Caramel Apple Pie - Perfect for all your fall apple needs. This is a truly spectacular apple pie recipe. It is sure to become a family favorite.
5. Chocolate Fudge Pudding Cake - I typically don't love cake, because it is too dry. This cake is gooey and chocolatey! So perfect for a night in! Top it with ice cream for best results.
6. Chocolate Melting Cakes - These are a perfect treat for a special occasion! They taste a lot like the molten lava cakes from Carnival Cruise line. We have made these a few times to celebrate anniversaries, and they are always a big hit.
7. Oatmeal Cinnamon Crispies - I got this recipe when I was 9 or 10 from one of my mom's friends. I have been making it ever since, and they are always welcomed with open arms. They are delicious!
8. Nutella Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies - I LOVE Nutella, and stuffing it into chocolate chip cookies is always a good idea.
9. Lemon Anything cake - This was the first recipe I ever made from Smitten Kitchen. I have since become a convert, but this is a delicious and versatile cake. If you close your eyes, you can pretend it is a breakfast food :)
10. Blackberry bars - We used to make these all the time (I was wondering why we don't anymore, until I saw this huge list of desserts). They are so good. Adam and I have eaten the whole pan in less than 24-hours on more than one occasion!
11. Homemade Ice Cream (See two of my favorites here, here and here) - I know you have to have an ice cream maker for these, but borrow one from a friend, or see if you can find one at a thrift store, because homemade ice cream is incredible!
Hopefully you are now inspired to make some tasty treats this weekend! I would also love to hear about desserts that your family loves! I am always trying new recipes, and would love to add a few to this list!
If you are looking for more meal inspiration, I did a soup round up over on Creative Green Living that has some fantastic fall soups!
Thanks for reading along! Have a great weekend!