Two weeks ago, I turned 27. It's weird. I guess I thought I would hang out at 22 forever. Not that 27 is old, but I am not 18 anymore, and I can tell. Eighteen-year-olds look young now. I walk around the college where Adam is currently working and can instantly tell that I am quite a bit older than them. I see life differently than I did a few years back, and to some degree, I feel like I have accomplished more as a full-fledged adult than I did when I was just starting out as an adult a few years ago.
So here are a few highlights from my 26th year:
- Got chosen as a Finalist for the Mrs. Meyer's Maker (Did I tell you that I didn't win? Sad, but I found out right after the voting ended, so I have come to terms with it, and decided it was for the best). I did get some Mrs. Meyer's products out of the deal, and a beautiful birthday cake for Fox, so I guess it all worked out in the end. A big thank you to everyone who voted like a hundred times. I really appreciate it so much! You guys are the best!
- Taught my first and second cooking classes. They were very fun! I left feeling happy and fulfilled (and full of tasty bread). I hope to do many in the future. To those who were hoping I would do one more in Utah this summer, I am sorry to say, I don't think I will have time. :( We were planning on going back to Texas at the end of September or something, but now it looks like it will be sometime in August and with family stuff and moving, I think it will make my life insane to add one more thing. Sorry to those who wanted to do one! Hopefully sometime in the future!
- Started writing for Mode.com. This has been incredibly fulfilling for me. I applied on a whim, and have been so glad that I got hired. Many of the stories that I have created have forced me to think long and hard about various topics (like attainable minimalism and a few eco-friendly things I just won't do), and I think I am a better person for it.
- Started a Youtube Channel Producing content is SO time consuming, so I haven't done as much as I had hoped. But I love the idea of it, and hope to figure out how to fit it in in the coming months.
- Lived in France for 7 weeks (although I actually turned 26 the second to last week we were there). That was such a cool trip. I really would be okay with living in France for a few years in the future. It is so beautiful, it is a great place to implement minimalist living, and great food is readily accessible.
- My baby turned one (and is now 1 1/2!!) How does this happen so quickly? The time has just raced by, although I barely remember life before he was born.
- Started a Capsule Wardrobe I never thought I would do this, but it has been surprisingly liberating. It has taken a lot of the guesswork out of getting dressed, and I really love most everything in my closet. I am starting to wonder why I didn't start one years ago!
Pretty great year! Definitely one for the books!