A few months ago, I used up the last of my fancy wrapping paper, and a few days ago, I was looking for something to wrap a baby gift in, and realized that my roll of brown paper was all I had for wrapping. THEN, I realized how perfect it was for wrapping gifts. For every. single. occasion. ever. But really.
1. It's Recyclable - If you have read any green living post on this blog, you know I am all about reducing waste.
2. It's good for every holiday known to man - Super convenient, right?
3. It is extremely versatile - Seriously, you can put almost any type of ribbon or bow on it, and it will match (yep, even the ugly Minnie Mouse ribbon).
4. You can give it personal touches - Let your kids color on it, give it a cute pattern with a stamp, or draw stripes on it.
5. It can double as packing paper for a move (that is most likely what will happen to the rest of my current roll).
6. Mine was $1 at the dollar store, and had way more than the 2 feet of wrapping paper that most rolls hold (does anyone else hate how little most wrapping paper rolls have on them? $7 for a roll, and it is gone in 3 gifts. Bleh)
7. Your gifts will all match each other under the Christmas tree or on the birthday pile (this is a big deal to me)!
Have you ever used brown paper to wrap stuff? Or are you all about the fancy patterned paper?