For this round of Sisters Share It All, we decided to do a post about ten staples to have in your closet. This doesn't include any accessories, but we hope to have a follow-up post on accessories later! I have actually thought a lot about this kind of thing in the past, and even got so far as taking all the pictures of the clothing that I felt like I need or love having in my own closet... but then I never got around to posting about it, what with the holidays upon us and all. So now, I have the opportunity to share some things that I feel like I need to have in my closet, and where I have or would buy them! Enjoy the excess of links!
1. Good fitting jeans - it is tough to say who sells the best jeans because everyone has different needs in a pair of jeans, as well as jeans never being a one size fits all type of clothing item. Personally, I like Joe's jeans quite a bit, and have found them for a good price. I also have owned at least one and possibly two pairs of DKNY pants from Ross that have made me quite happy in fit and overall quality. I don't think it matters much what type of jeans you wear as long as you they fit you properly and you feel great in them. And, I don't think you have to pay an arm and a leg to get a proper fitting, good quality pair. This pair might be worth the price though, if they looked half as fabulous on me as they do on the model.
2. Solid or striped tee for layering - this became a real staple when I worked at Anthropologie. I love wearing a jacket with it, a fun printed scarf or both. A few options are here, and here .
3. Blouse - I almost bought this at H&M last weekend. I love the details (I am still considering going back to get it!). I also love this dress shirt from H&M and have it in two different colors. See one of them here. The fit on this shirt is quite excellent!
4. Pencil Skirt - I have one from J.Crew that I love and think this one has a nice looking fit and comes in pretty colors!
5. Dress - This dress is inexpensive and has a pretty cut to it. I also love this.
6. Button-down cardigan - I have a number of these in various colors and styles. I love how well they layer and how they can dress up an outfit in an instant with a scarf or necklace. I have this darling one from J. Crew in orange.
7. Pants - Disclaimer: I don't actually wear very many pants that are not jeans. If I were to wear pants other than jeans, they would probably be these, or these. Or slim fitting white pants.
8. Blazer or structured jacket - I like this one or for something a little more adventurous, this one (I actually got this one for Christmas and am thus biased, but it does look great on! Better than in the photo).
9. Flats - A sophisticated pair, an everyday pair (Janssen has these in red and they are darling!), a marbled pair, or a slightly sparkly pair (I love a good pair of mary-jane style shoes!).
10. Heels or wedges - Everyone should own and wear a good pair of heels. They don't have to be expensive to be beautiful. If you can do expensive, these are gorgeous, and these are so fun!
I don't know about you, but now I want to go shop!
Check out Janssen and Merrick's 10 Staples Links!